Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I've had a slight change of tack ...

Have been feeling a little down recently for absolutely NO reason at all I may add, as if you look at all the little bits around me, things really look like they're going quite swimmingly! And yet still I see a big picture of gloom.

My doc (who's a complete sweetie - and although she does pretend to be awfully serious and doctor like sometimes - is a good friend), says it's called 'depression'. How I see it, is that it's all a load of shite that puts up black clouds throughout fabulous days and refuses point blank to let you see through the haze and enjoy the sunshine.

I don't think it's really explainable if you haven't been down this long dark road, and it so goes against the grain this feeling sorry for yourself crap. I keep shouting;
"For Goodness Sake Woman, Get a Grip!!",
But my head doesn't respond.

Beth from "Living a Quotable Life" has tagged me for a meme, and although I've never done one before, I shall revamp this blog in its honour and I shall take a leaf out of the advice of another of my fellow bloggers, Expatmum and her comment which I have decided is an excellent plan;

" ..what about thinking of something really nice once a day, or taking a great photo like you just have? It may not totally lift your spirits but it can't hurt. Personally, I listen to great music and it helps."

Like she says - "it can't hurt", and so I'm off on a slight tangent with this blog from now on and it shall be known as "The Chick's Lifejacket".


Definition of the word 'lifejacket';
"an article of protective clothing that is designed to keep the wearer's head floating above the surface of the water."


Sounds perfect to me ....

No comments: